A job as a Construction Project Engineer will see you coordinating all on-site engineering activities, to ensure that the project’s time and budget constraints are met. When it comes to the construction and engineering sector, Project Engineers are a crucial piece of the puzzle.
Without them, there is no one to supervise the preliminary stages of the build, and ensure the ball is rolling on what ultimately becomes the overall construction project.
Key responsibilities include the assessment of production costs and other important data related to any given project, using this data to review preliminary reports and revise time schedules and budgets accordingly, and generally overseeing the quality of work that’s being produced on site.
From a creative perspective, a Project Engineer will typically collaborate with architects on revising and refining structural blueprints to ensure the building has everything it needs.
Current open roles
Apply for Construction Project Engineer jobs online with Conecta
Should you be successful in your search for a Construction Project Engineer job (also known as Project Coordinator, depending on the construction company’s internal terms and definitions), you will typically be tasked with the following day-to-day duties:
- Proactively driving company safety policies, practices and procedures in compliance with Occupational Health & Safety legislative requirements, in order to provide a safe workplace at all times
- Reporting to the Project Manager for distribution of duties, as well as liaising with Site Managers, Safety Officers, Site Administration and other key project roles
- Preparing and monitoring project management plans including traffic, quality and environment plans, work methodologies, HSEQ project systems and registers
- Attending project hand-over and start-up meetings
- Establishing and monitoring quality levels and controls as per specifications and project management plans, in addition to reporting variances and rectifying quality defects
- Identifying and managing project resources for optimum productivity, and assisting the Project Manager during start-up to acquire resources
- Managing and reporting costs – everything from preparing project reports and making informed cash flow predictions, to progress claims, variation, EOT and contractual claims for the client
- Reviewing, revising, interpreting and implementing all requirements listed within works programming documentation to meet contractual requirements and to ensure efficiency and productivity
- Ensuring that HSEQ incident and compliance reports are prepared and submitted in accordance with the contractual requirements, government legislation and company policies and procedures
Hiring managers recruiting for Construction Project Engineer jobs will typically expect:
- A degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or recognised equivalent
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong business relationships
- Results-driven attitude and the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Solid reasoning, listening and decision-making skills, as well as the ability to work autonomously
- A logical approach to project management, which can be applied to a diverse range of intellectual and practical issues that arise
Conecta is your very own Construction Project Engineer recruitment agency
To learn more about how Conecta can propel your construction career, please get in touch.
Tier 1 [in $,000s] Salary Report
Tier 2 [in $,000s] Salary Report
Create a Conecta profile
Be found by your perfect job, even if you are not looking
Create a profile
Your profile is your online CV, featuring all your skills, qualifications and prior experience.
Be seen by companies
Apply for the Commercial Manager jobs you want, and join communities belonging to your dream employers.
Know what's happening
From application to hire, get status updates on the entire process. See your entire job search to make the right decision.
Other Top Roles
Download the 2021 Construction Industry Trends, Predictions & Salary Guide Now
Over 15,000 construction professionals stay connected to industry with Conecta