Senior Contract Administrator
The role of a Senior Contract Administrator is crucial to any construction firm, as this person is responsible for developing and reviewing all contracts and projects.
Essentially, the Senior Contract Administrator manages the contract between their employer and the building contractor. They are usually the first point of contact between the company and any external parties it does business with.
Senior Contract Administrators collaborate with project managers, architects and other professionals to ensure the project has all the resources it needs to meet its goals.
Should you secure a Senior Contract Aministrator job in construction, you will be responsible for all paperwork associated with contracts, projects and services provided. You’ll also be required to resolve any queries or issues that may arise concerning these matters, usually with the help of an Assistant Contract Administrator.
Current open roles
What does a Senior Construction Contract Administrator’s job entail?
Given the importance of the Senior Contract Administrator’s role in the company, there are many responsibilities to manage, including:
- Drafting scopes of works and tender packages to accompany requests for quotations issued to subcontractors for various projects
- Conducting initial investigations with subcontractors to clarify the organisation’s conditions relating to contracts for prospective projects
- Managing and driving the review process to ensure the implementation of all subcontractors within the required time frame and budget
- Maintaining a register of subcontractors
- Operating and maintaining commercial and contract systems, including Project Costs Reporting (PCR), Asset Registers, Commercial Pack database and Contract Sum
- Minimising all subcontractor variation claims and elimination of claims, where possible
- Ensuring cost forecasting for allocated subcontracts and cost codes are accurately maintained, as well as identifying any cost issues and keeping project management teams notified of these issues
- Interpreting specifications and drawings in order to understand scope of works for the project at both Head Contract and Sub Contract scope level
- Identifying and quantifying Head Contracts
- Ensuring subcontractors are code compliant at all times
Other Senior Contract Administrator construction jobs might include undertaking general business administration; assessing and managing potential commercial and contractual risks associated with the delivery and execution of projects; and dealing with progress claims and disputed claims by subcontractors.
Do you qualify for Senior Contract Officer jobs in construction?
When it comes to Construction Contract Administrator recruitment, a degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Economics, Quantity Surveying, Law, Commerce or equivalent is essential.
Candidates are also expected to have relevant commercial administration experience in Construction, Quantity Surveying, Accounting, Finance, Engineering or associated disciplines.
Hiring managers will require you to have an intermediate or advanced proficiency in various software packages such as Microsoft Suite (including Excel) and exposure to a contract management system (CRM).
Other desirable qualifications and experience include post graduate qualifications, 3-5 years’ experience in Senior Contracts Administration or Senior Quantity Surveying roles in the construction and engineering industry, and a solid knowledge of the sector in general.
Get in touch
To speak with a member of the Conecta team, please contact us.
Tier 1 [$,000s] Salary Report
Create a Conecta profile
Be found by your perfect job, even if you are not looking
Create a profile
Your profile is your online CV, featuring all your skills, qualifications and prior experience.
Be seen by companies
Apply for the Commercial Manager jobs you want, and join communities belonging to your dream employers.
Know what's happening
From application to hire, get status updates on the entire process. See your entire job search to make the right decision.
Other Top Roles
Download the 2021 Construction Industry Trends, Predictions & Salary Guide Now
Over 15,000 construction professionals stay connected to industry with Conecta