Watpac Announces Simon Ballard as New State Manager for Victoria


image: Monash Casey Hospital Redevelopment render

Watpac has appointed Simon Ballard as its new State Manager for Victoria, following the recent resignation of Nick Pavlovic. Ballard comes from CPB Contractors, where he worked as General Manager of South Australia, Victoria and Tasmania for three years, and prior to that, Project Director on the new Royal Adelaide Hospital (nRAH). Ballard will commence his role in April this year.

Pavlovic is stepping away after 7 years as State Manager, having overseen the successful completion of a number of residential, education and health projects. 

In his role at CPB, Ballard successfully delivered a $400 million upgrade to Melbourne Airport’s southern precincts, the $186 million RAAF Base East Sale redevelopment, and the complete construction of the $3.5 billion Victorian Desalination Project. 

Ballard was responsible for all design and construction of the nRAH, Australia’s largest ever design and construct hospital project. Ballard saw the project through its final stages into technical completion and recognition as the first large-scale hospital in Australia to be awarded a 4-star Green Star Rating from the Green Building Council. 

News of the leadership change follows the purchase of Watpac by Belgian construction giant Besix in December 2018. Besix owned 28 per cent of Watpac before the sale, with the group purchasing the remaining 72 per cent for just over $100 million. 

Watpac also experienced a significant shift of leadership in October 2019, when Chief Executive Ben O’Rourke was succeeded by Jean-Pol Bouharmont, a former senior executive of Besix in the Middle East. 

Related News: Monro Exits Watpac as Lendlease Veteran O'Rourke Steps In

Ballard’s experience in the civil and health sectors will not go unnoticed at Watpac, which is making a concerted effort to deliver more projects in these fields, working currently on the Casey Hospital Expansion in Berwick, and as a member of a consortium delivering 15 new state schools as part of the Victorian Schools Project. 

Stay connected to the latest construction news and gain access to jobs advertised directly from employers by creating your Conecta profile today.

Comments
Recommended posts

What is Conecta?

Conecta is an innovative jobs platform for the construction and engineering industry.

Even if you are not looking for a job right now, having a Conecta profile means amazing opportunities can tap you on the shoulder.

Free Sign Up
Recent Jobs

Project Planner - Interiors

$ 120000

North Melbourne VIC, 3051

Apply Now
Popular posts